Get involved by signing up to become a Health Center Advocate! Thank you for supporting our work as we move toward healthier communities.
BEING AN ADVOCATE MEANS . .
- TO SUPPORT OR RECOMMEND
- SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF OR WRITE IN FAVOR OF
- TO EDUCATE AND SPREAD THE WORD
With that in mind… DID YOU KNOW…
One of the bright spots in America’s healthcare system, community health centers started over 50 years ago as a pilot project during President Lyndon Johnson’s War on Poverty. Today, they have compiled a significant record of success that includes:
- Producing $24 billion in annual health system savings
- Reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and unnecessary visits to the emergency room
- Treating patients for a fraction of the average cost of one emergency room visit
- Maintaining patient satisfaction levels of nearly 100 percent
- Generating $26.5 billion in economic activity and over 230,000 jobs
- Reducing infant mortality rates
Community health centers not only prevent illness and foster wellness in the most challenging populations, they produce innovative solutions to the most pressing healthcare issues in their communities. They reach beyond the walls of conventional medicine to address the factors that may cause sickness, such as lack of nutrition, mental illness, homelessness and addiction. Because of their long record of success in innovation, managing healthcare costs, and reducing chronic disease, leaders in Congress have declared health centers a model of care that offers a “bipartisan solution to the primary care access problems” facing our nation.
NorthLakes Community Clinic currently has over 200 employees, and offers over 11 different services for our patients. We cared for over 16,800 patients in 2015.
Are you a registered Health Center advocate?
Use your voice to support Health Centers and your community by signing up to be an Advocate with the link below. You will receive occasional communications with the latest on how you can be a voice for Health Centers and your community.
Our Annual report features our programs and services, and lists donors and friends along with our Board of Directors and audited financial information.